Our team is looking for a qualified and dynamic Tax Intern for an internship in our public accounting firm’s tax department. Applicants should possess basic accounting knowledge, strong communication, computer, and project management skills. The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior pursuing a degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- Complete assignments within time budgets while maintaining a high–quality work product.
- Proactively communicate critical issues and the status of projects to supervisors.
- Apply information and skills learned on engagements to future engagements.
- Develop professional relationships with supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Assist supervisors and peers with special projects as needed.
- Basic knowledge of tax and accounting
- Basic computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically
- Organization and analytical abilities
- Capable of working in a team environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
The firm offers a competitive hourly salary.
- Opportunity: Successful candidates will be eligible for extended internships, part-time or full-time employment based on feedback from supervisors.
- Experience: Candidates will have the opportunity to work directly with different clients, work on various tax return types, research relevant tax issues, connect with other associates across the firm’s specialties, and complete tax returns from start to finish.
- Industry Experience: Candidates will have the opportunity to work within multiple industries including construction, manufacturing/distribution, technology, professional services, retails sales, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Education & Certifications: Candidates will be eligible for reimbursement of costs associated with the CPA exam once all four parts have been passed (additional requirements may apply).
Only qualified candidates need to apply. Please submit a resume for consideration to HR@pridacpas.com.
About Prida, Guida & Perez, P.A.
Since 1957, Prida, Guida & Perez, P.A. has served as a leader in financial services. We offer advisory, auditing, accounting, and tax services for individuals and businesses alike with regional and national operations. We pride ourselves on exceeding clients’ expectations with the highest levels of professional expertise. Our team provides clients the individualized attentiveness of a small firm, while offering a broad range of industry experience often only found in regional firms. Thanks to our reputation and employee longevity, we regularly serve family businesses over multiple generations and support organizations through years of operation.